Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November Blog Series: Day 10

Day ten. Only twenty more days to go until my daily blog writing challenge is completed. I have half a mind to attempt this again in a few months to try and keep myself focused.

The Seattle hoard arrives this evening, and I am soooo excited! And my parents’ party is just two days away! Mom and I estimated around 90+ that are planning to show. That’s a lot of fajita fixin’s! Tonight, my sister and I have to finish “breaking” the scored wine bottles for the hurricane candle lamps. Lots of work going into those, but the end result will be well worth it. We also have to finish up our playlist. Lots of fun 50s and 60s tunes, as well as some classic country. My bro-in-law has insisted we bass to Coolio’s “Gangsta’s Paradise” during the meal, but since we won’t have any EMTs on hand, we might have to nix that idea.

If I have anything to with it, we WILL throw in some AC/DC. “Shook Me All Night Long” is always a crowd pleaser. It’s amazing how many people shake it to that song – even with artificial hips and walkers (just kidding). Hell, maybe I’ll go all out and throw in some Marvin Gaye! That would expend just about any shred of sanity I have left. But, it might be fun to test that theory. All hail groovin’ with the Baby Boomers!

On that note, if my parents’ generation is known as the Baby Boomers, does that make my generation known as the “Baby Boomer Boomers”? Or the “Baby Baby Boomers”? We’ll just trim it down the to “Triple Bs”.

Word up, Triple Bs?

Pain meds are great. Can’t you tell?

Anyway, still have lots to do before Friday evening’s festivities take place. Should be a great time, though. Saturday, we are planning a “date” night of sorts. We are planning “big kids” night out at Koppe Bridge (best burgers on the planet!) and bowling, pool, laser tag and games at Grand Station. Only problem is that I don’t have a date. Typical. It will be three couples and me. By myself. I will be the seventh wheel (if there is such a thing). **sigh**

I’d really like to be at the Baylor vs. A&M game, but since I don’t get to see my Seattle family very often, I am really looking forward to spending time with them. Plus, I already know the Aggies are going to beat the fuzzy bear britches off the Bears, so there’s no point in enduring any embarrassment for the other team. WHOOP!

Sunday is my niece’s birthday party. She is going to be three! I swear that kid is three going on 13. Her vocabulary and comprehension absolutely amazes me! We are going to roast hot dogs around a campfire, and enjoy some s’mores. Maybe play some 42 and Spades. And of course, I’m looking forward to seeing whatever antics my cousins and uncle will have up their sleeves when faced with the temptation of anything relating to pyromania. The smallest event usually turns into something highly entertaining when my family is involved. We are cool like that.

Well, my friends, I’m signing off early again today. Lots to do this afternoon. Heading out in a while to go take a look at a car I may buy. Kind of excited about that. Ready to trade in Robert Redford (an old farm truck, it’s red and it’s a Ford – get it? Hahaha! I kill me…), for something a little newer and more economical.

Lots of good things on the horizon, but I’ll save those for another day. Need to leave myself some options to write about in the near future.

Word to ya muthas!

3 comments:

  1. I like you on pain medication. It's kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, am I the only one that ever wonders if the word verification codes are actual words? I swear some of those letter combinations are very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. Not the only one. I think they are a cryptic source of communication meant to be decoded by secret agent spies. It's cooler to believe that.

    ReplyDelete