Tuesday, November 23, 2010

November Blog Series: Day 23

Day twenty-three. Two days until Turkey Day. Mmmm-mmm!

I cannot wait until I blissfully slip into that promised turkey coma. Of course, I’ll have to stay awake, and coherent, long enough to scream for the Aggies as they Beat The Hell Outta TU!!! (That’s University of Texas to those of you who've been living in a cave.)

As I type this, I’m sitting here watching a fantastic cheesy 80s movie – “For Keeps”. I just love cheesy 80s movies. Who doesn’t? Great, mindless entertainment with bad special effects and even worse acting (usually). And addicting all the same. After this one is over, I’ve made a deal with a friend to endure “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy”. I’m told it will be a worthwhile movie of laughs...we shall see.

I am really enjoying house-sitting for my friends. Just me, Netflix and Bella (the dog). So far, I’ve eaten Mexican food (yesterday), wings (made two meals out of them today), drank four Cokes and eaten about three giant chocolate chip cookies. And a handful of almonds. Had to throw something in there that’s healthy. I can totally see why people gain weight over the holidays. Everything’s too easy. Especially living near the convenience of town. Accessibility is the devil. With giant horns made of funnel cake, Ding Dongs for eyes, and cheese puffs for fingers. I’m going to be a saint (as far as dieting goes) for the next few meals until Thursday, and then resume healthy habits again as soon as Friday rolls around. Or Monday. It’s okay to embrace a little caloric relaxation over the weekend. But, alas, I shall be good.

And is it just me, or does a giant glass of cold, frothy chocolate milk sound divine right now?

Let’s give a round of applause for deniability and justification. Hooray!

Don’t really have much to say today. I’ve mostly just been a lazy sloth. It’s nice to let my brain rot every once in a while. Things are about to get pretty busy, so I should appreciate the down time while I have the opportunity.

I’m going to head upstairs later, soak in a nice hot bath. Read my book. Maybe paint my toenails. Catch up on “The Vampire Diaries” (what? I only watch it for Ian Somerhalder). Then bed. In a quite house.

Seize the day, if you will.

I’m seizing lethargy. Or is that an oxymoron?

No comments:

Post a Comment